WHO WE ARE
We are Student Academic Success and Equity Initiatives (SASEI)! SASEI at CSU Channel Islands reports to the Associate Vice Provost of Student Success and Community Engagement. We contribute to advancing the student centered mission of CSU Channel Islands by sustaining and augmenting a university culture that values inclusiveness, excellence, and its dedication to student academic success and educational equity to inform and shape university policies and practices.
WHAT WE DO
SASEI initiatives are intentionally designed to support CSUCI’s goal of becoming a national model for serving historically and currently underserved students. We accomplish this aim by leveraging external support and institutional commitment to advancing innovations that promote access to regional educational opportunities, impact student success outcomes, and increase equity in educational attainment. SASEI initiatives seek to:
- Promote an understanding of the factors that impede access to higher education opportunities for individuals in the Ventura County region and work to design institutional policies and practices to diminish those barriers.
- Serve the region through culturally relevant outreach efforts to ensure students and their families participate in experiences that cultivate their interest in post-secondary educational pathways.
- Enhance CSUCI student engagement, retention, and persistence towards degree completion by supporting the development and use of high impact and mission-based practices.
- Grow peer mentoring programs designed to promote academic success, retention, and facilitate time to degree.
- Provide culturally relevant practices that reflect our commitment to diversity and to serving historically and currently underserved students.
- Create collaborative partnerships with regional community college partners to develop, expand, and enhance comprehensive transfer models.